Thread: Protocol.lst

Protocol.lst

Hi

i would like to know why agnitum doesnt add much more protocol in their like thoose provided in this site
    Attached Files Attached Files
    treats or tricks

Re: Protocol.lst

Because many of them are not used generally or only occur in specific environments and would therefore not be used (or need to be filtered) by Outpost users. To take an example, IGRP (IP protocol 9, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol) is a routing protocol used by Cisco routers.

If you wish to block any unknown protocols, you can do so via a global rule - this is addressed in section D5 of A Guide to Producing a Secure Configuration for Outpost.

Re: Protocol.lst

I use your guide but now outpost doesnt ask me to create rule, because outpost block this with the unused protocol. Whereas i set the application dns resolution in preset
    treats or tricks

Thread Information