Thread: Does peerguardian work?

Does peerguardian work?

I have used p2p and bittorrent a lot, and I am concerned about security. Does Peerguardian 2 (from http://phoenixlabs.org/) actually work? It is a program that blocks ip ranges from known ad servers, anti-p2p companies, government, and spyware servers from a blocklist (kind of like outpost's) made publicly. Would not the government already see your ip in the current peer downloading section? I know the program does make your "destination host unreachable" when your ip is pinged, but they could just contact your isp.
    Has anyone had the experience of your isp contacting you for downloading or have information about peerguardian?

Re: Does peerguardian work?

if your intent is to keep the bad guys from seeing and attacking your computer, a firewall properly set up will keep them out unless you invite them in.

if your intent is to keep your pc from inadvertantly connecting to an external site that may try to either spy on you or invisibly install something nasty on you, outpost's plugin blockpost or peer guardian will stop you from connecting to them if they are on your list.

if your intent is to keep the government from finding out about anything illegal you are doing, you are out of luck. a). i ain't gonna help anyone break the law. b) they can see and filter traffic before it gets to you or after it leaves you, and as they can trace you thru your isp you are toast.

there is one program that will keep the government at bay. it's called 'honesty' and it's free.

if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 34.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 34.0a1 x64, IE10, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4727.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

What if you route your computer's traffic through dozens of anonymous servers? Can the ones in Norton Ghost help? Would'nt the 100% way to stay anonymous on the internet to change your computer's name and receive free internet from a neighbor from wifi?

Would it be possible to reroute packets from specified ports from one router to another, acting like anonymous servers? 75% of wifi networks are unprotected and could be accessed using default passwords with multiple lists online. When logging in, there is a "Remote Administration" feature which lets you control the router from the internet. Is rerouting possible, if you get ~20 routers from traveling, activating remote admin?

see my para. 3 sec. a & para. 5 above.

if they want to find you bad enough, they will. your neighbor can be bought. even anonymizing servers keep records. your CPU chip even has a unique identifier, as does your network card/modem. encrypted records can be decoded, erased files recovered, even secure wiped ones if they want to spend the effort.

resistance is futile.

if you are legal, no incentive for the govt. to waste effort on you.
    if you are illegal, it's only a matter of time before they get you.

as you are apparently looking for ways to do illegal things, i think it's time to close off & lock this thread as we are not a haven for that kind of activity. persistance may result in further action.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 34.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 34.0a1 x64, IE10, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4727.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

Thread Information