Thread: lost key registration for outpost firewall pro lifetime update

lost key registration for outpost firewall pro lifetime update

Can somebody please help?

Despite having used Outpost since 2002 I am a total non techy and have never needed to use the forum before so this is my first ever post - if it's in the wrong forum I am sorry.

My pc crashed and as a result of having to re-install windows xp I have managed to lose my lifetime licence key:

I tried the automated get lost key support option but it laways returns an error: so I filled out a support form. This was over 3 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. I have sent 3 more requests just in case the first one got lost but again I have heard nothing.

I have also tried to use Live Chat everyday for the last 2 weeks but that too is always offline.

I now have 2 more days before the trial expires: does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Ted

Re: lost key registration for outpost firewall pro liftime update

Agnitum has been pretty busy lately
    getting out a few new items and updates
    can you post what version you have?
    Last edited by hayc59; 03-18-2008 at 14:22.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
    r u xprincD

hi hayc59
    thanks for your response

I believe the version I have is 4.0.971.7030 (584)

apologies once again for not beinb a techy

Ted

Did you use the same e-mail address that you originally registered with? This is important, otherwise they cannot find your original order.

Try once again contacting them for your license, they should send you the key. This happened with my neighbour a while back and he eventually got his registration key.

If you have changed your e-mail address let them know and let them know which one you used when you got the lifetime registration key.

Hi Shockwave
    thanks for your reply
    in answer to your question, yes I have given them the same email address as when I ordered (when trying the automated recovery), each time I try it comes up saying "error #1"
    Then I provide the invoice number, product id, my original home address (which is now different) on the support form...which I tried 3 times just in case.
    As yet unfortunately I have had no replies....I have a printout of the email receipt from Element / Shareit but unfortunately not my registration key.

Not sure what else to do?
    Regards Ted

Have you tried clicking on one of the other links, such as asking a general question and writing to them that way explaining what has happened and see if you get an answer from them?

Try here, see what happens, if you have not already done so:

http://www.agnitum.com/support/lostkey/
    Last edited by Schockwave; 03-19-2008 at 00:49.

thanks for reply

I have just tried to send Agnitum the details via the "ask question" link, as you suggest.

I filled out all of the fields that I could and after clicking send button the message "The registration key is missing" appears at the top of the page in red along with:
    Your registration key (for purchased versions) * - all users who purchased Agnitum software receive priority support
    on the side.
    Given that it's the registration key that I'm trying to recover I'm not sure how to go forward.
    Ted

Re: lost key registration for outpost firewall pro lifetime update

Well, you just put in where it says to put in your registration key as you get priority, that you do not have your key and that you are writing to them as the other way did not work. Did you try to send it and did it not work without the registration key?

On the other hand, did you click on the link I gave you in the previous message?

thans for reply:
    Firstly, it seems you can't send a "general question" without the registration key as it won't progress further and prompts you each time to re-enter the key.
    Secondly I have been trying to retrieve the registration key from the link you suggested everyday for over a month now.
    I have even tried online support everyday but each time it comes back saying "chat offline".
    However I did manage to get into the chat room yesterday but spent an hour chatting to myself.
    I have now deleted version 4 and downloaded version 6 as a free trial...this will at least give me another 30 days in which to get a reply from SOMEONE at Agnitum hopefully.
    I must say I am finding it all a bit frustrating.

Hello ted,

Have you tried the Lost Registration Key Form?

PM me if you still arent getting anywhere.
    XP Professional SP3 (x86): Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0, Malware Defender 2.8, Avast 8.0 Free
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64): Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5, Avast 8.0 Free
    Ubuntu 10.04: ufw, Avast Linux Home Edition

On Demand (Windows): MBAM Free
    Other: NetGear DG834GT (DGTeam), Acronis True Image Home 12.0, PerfectDisk 11.0

Today I am a happy chappy. (if I knew how to put a smiley face here I would)

I tried once again via Agnitum online chat and was pleasantly surprised when it was showing as online and even happier that I managed to speak to a chap called Alexander. Not only was he able to verify my subscription he also supplied me with my lifetime license key registration.

I would like to offer a big thank you to all you guys that have offered me guidance and I now, (as I said before I am far from being a "techy") have an understanding of the importance of forums.

Keep up the good work..

Tedtenerife

Glad you got it sorted.
    XP Professional SP3 (x86): Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0, Malware Defender 2.8, Avast 8.0 Free
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64): Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5, Avast 8.0 Free
    Ubuntu 10.04: ufw, Avast Linux Home Edition

On Demand (Windows): MBAM Free
    Other: NetGear DG834GT (DGTeam), Acronis True Image Home 12.0, PerfectDisk 11.0

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Thank you for letting us know.

Thread Information