Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7:Process System listen to port local:any TCPv6:10243

Re: Windows 7:Process System listen to port local:any TCPv6:10243

I'm having trouble creating your problem, probably because my router is not IPv6 ready at this time, but I have a problem with port 2869. Selecting "Web Server" is not answering the question. Check out your Outpost settings>network rules>system-wide rules. Under "applied after application rules", do you see a rule for port 10243. If not, select custom rule the next time you see the pop-up. I personally don't add rules without a remote address. Local:any=0.0.0.0

You might also want to block the port until we know what it's used for.

For instructions on how to close a port (system-wide or per specific app), please see this Agnitum KB article: How do I close an open port?.

ok, and as of minoka's prbl, I installed my win 7 clean slate and Outpost pro as my single software to check this kind of ports ( I had some more and possibly the one you are inquiring as well). I had outpost asking me to allow trafic to certain ports. I found that some of this are required for driver updates but they are as well used by malwares. Since it was a clean install, I allowed all the requests. The courious thing was that installing twice I had the second time I had a new pop up, something about TCpv 6. I hope , the new version of Outpost will solve this problems.

Anything new here?
    I just dont know what to do now...

Does anyone have a solution to this yet? Or should I submit a ticket? It changes the address each time.

Port 10243 TCP is used by WMC to actually stream the media to the PC. Basically, there is a web server on this port. The Digital Media Receiver (DMR) uses UPnP on port 2869 to get a list of the music, video, or photos that are available. When it is ready to play music (for example) it gets the URL of the song from UPnP and then requests it. The port in that URL is port 10243. The web server then streams the music to the DMR on that port.
    Do, Or Do Not. There is No Try...

Thread Information