Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffled Replacement?

Re: Traffled Replacement?

Still waiting to see it myself but by now it seems our friends at Agnitum are disinterested in this feature.

Good luck ya all...just a pipe dream

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
    r u xprincD

You're telling me. I'm going back to ZA. The AFWCORES.SYS BSOD is still with me (even after sending in tickets). I was 2.5 hours in a project yesterday and lost it all because of the AFWCORES.SYS BSOD.
    It seems I can go for days but at a critical moment my computer will crash with that error.

The only reason I keep OP is because of the ad blocking.

So my choices are, install a third party program to emulate TraffLed and live with the the AFWCORES.SYS BSOD or I can go back to ZA and buy Ad Muncher.

I gotta say the latter is looking attractive.

Well, this is the reason I am still using Outpost 4.0. Traffic LED is the most reliable traffic monitor I have ever tested for use in a security environment where my daily login is not as an Administrator.

Well, the joke is on me, ZA removed this feature with version 10!

What's the reason this doesn't do it for you?
    traffic.png
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

Manny, that's nowhere near what we are talking about.

I understand that it doesn't have glowing lights but what is it that you are trying to achieve. What problem do you need to resolve with monitoring your traffic?
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

one of the traffled hilites was that it showed the relative speed of the upload/download with it's realtime bars, showing slow, medium and fast in different colors. it's nice to know that your upload/download is progressing & at what relative speed. i've got a network monitor II sidebar gadget that i refer to when downloading or watching a streamed video to monitor the connection. even better as it shows the u/l-d/l speeds in a graph with the x axis as time.
    Capture 001.jpg

it can show a lot more info and stats, i pare it down to the bare minimum i want to see. the lan/wan and country info can also be hidden.

sadly, not available for users of older OS's like winxp.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 34.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 34.0a1 x64, IE10, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4562.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

Quote Originally Posted by kronckew View Post
    one of the traffled hilites was that it showed the relative speed of the upload/download with it's realtime bars, showing slow, medium and fast in different colors. it's nice to know that your upload/download is progressing & at what relative speed.
    Exactly. At certain times I like to be able to quickly glance at Traffic LED and see the relative speed of upload/download. The color bars make it even easier.

It's especially invaluable during those rare, odd, but crucial debugging moments when you try to figure out "what the hell is my computer doing"? and I see the download bar is pinned. At those times I drop my connection faster than Charlie Sheen's boxers in a whorehouse

I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I state that I don't want something "like" Traffic LED, I really want something EXACTLY LIKE Traffic LED. Thanks!
    Last edited by BillG; 11-23-2011 at 03:13.

Haven't been here in awhile. Is there a Traffic LED feature in our future?

Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Haven't been here in awhile. Is there a Traffic LED feature in our future?
    Alas, it appears our best efforts in this area fall on deaf ears.

not on deaf ears so much as it's not worth the effort to add in for the perceived benefit for agnitum to assign it a higher priority. is it a necessity, no. is it a nicety, yes. the more people that request it to agnitum, the better the chances. so far there are not many posters here, especially if you take out mod's replies. try Agnitum Online Support Form - the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

the plugin api no longer exists to enable TLED to be easily integrated into outpost. blame microsoft for increasing the kernel protection in current flavours of windows that killed it.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 34.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 34.0a1 x64, IE10, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4562.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

Eh, just checking in to see if anyone at Agnitum is taking this demand for Traffled seriously. I'm still using Outpost v4 - because.

Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Eh, just checking in to see if anyone at Agnitum is taking this demand for Traffled seriously. I'm still using Outpost v4 - because.
    Sigh, I guess it's time to move on from Outpost entirely.

Moved to outpost 4 from atguard after it died and now I don't think there are any more firewalls with things like cookie filtering, http logs and plugins. It's like all software development is going backward.

Will have to research a great deal to see what else is out there and what is going to still be around after Windows 8.

Thread Information