Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outpost 7.5 Release Candidate 2 is Available

Outpost 7.5 Release Candidate 2 is Available

Outpost 7.5 RC2 available NOW!

Today we have released Outpost 7.5 Release Candidate 2 with antivirus engine version 5.3 built in. It has gone through some fixes since RC1 and now it is the right time for final touches

Antivirus engine version 5.3 delivers higher overall detection rates and enhanced proactive protection against unknown malware. This engine update (50 Mb approximately) takes place automatically for previous versions along with the regular antivirus updates.
    It's available Here: http://www.agnitum.com/lp/outpost-7-5-beta.php

Best regards
    Kurt
    PC-Sicherheit.net

Re: Outpost 7.5 Release Candidate 2 is Available

Some more details for RC2:

Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5 RC2, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5 RC2, Outpost Antivirus Pro 7.5 RC2

Supported OS: Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2008, W7

Build number: 3709.574.1667.464.

What’s Fixed:

- Errors during installation over the previous versions were corrected;
    - Minor issues in Smart Decision module were corrected;
    - Minor issues regarding GUI and localizations were corrected.

Remember that this is still in the testing phase of the release process and could possibly have bugs.

[Working pretty well for me though.]
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

The following problem was solved but not yet with the RC2:

if one instal the RC 7.5 about an existing version the following set-up mistake appears:

the anti-spyware module and the web control to be installed then when you uncheck it.

That's annoying. You must always install completely new.
    Best regards
    Kurt
    PC-Sicherheit.net

for me not i have installed it over previous 7.1 and RC2 over RC1 and not problem with modules, before i have had to uncheck the verification of Antivirus to bypass any restriction, i always make this step for any new release and it has never given problems.

I also had problems with updating over the top of RC1. My OSS malware database was killed and I had to manually update; my version number didn't change even though I went through the update process and it also installed the anti-spam module even though I don't use it and asked for it not to be installed.

This must be a bug since typically updating over the top works real nicely.

Something for Agnitum to fix before it pushes this baby out of the door.

Other than the install problem it's working very nicely for me.
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

Hey hows the crew going, long time no see.

Well I am back after 7.1 destroying my morel

The RC of 7.5 I am happy to say is running flawlessly at the moment and with none of the freeze up issues I was having with 7.1
    So far so good.
    Pete

Back on Vista Ultimate x64 (It just tastes better) - OSS X.X.xxxx
    Agnitum, making tin foil hats obsolete since 1999..
    Beware the greyghost

I have used Outpost for 10 years. With OSS 7.5 betas and RC1 I got “blue screens” for the first time. OSS 7.5 RC2 works fine.

Exclamation Re: Outpost 7.5 Release Candidate 2 is Available

Hello everybody,

I'm currently using OSS Pro 7.1 on Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 alongside Malwarebytes' Anti-malware Pro and SUPERAntispyware Pro without any problem.

Yesterday, I decided to give 7.5 RC2 a try but had to revert quite quickly to 7.1 as the situation had become simply unbearable .....

Here's what I tried and the symptoms that came up.

Firstly, I installed 7.5 "on top" of 7.1, keeping the previous configuration and enabling "Auto-learn mode" for a day. After the first necessary reboot, I couldn't even reach the desktop : the system was totally frozen up !
    After setting the power down (only solution), I started the system again and after an unusual long start-up time, I finally reached the desktop but as soon as I tried to open a program needing aministrative rights, everything was blocked again !

I then uninstalled Outpost on safe mode running "clean.exe", even uninstalled MBAM & SAS (as a test !) and made a "fresh" installation of 7.5 RC2, with "Auto-learn mode" set for a day. After the first necessary reboot, the system was frozen up again even before I reached the desktop !
    After a new start of the system, I finally reached the desktop and imported my previously saved configuration and rebooted again, to see how the system would react this time ...
    Reboot worked (however start-up time was unusually long) but as soon as I tried to use a program demanding administrative rights, the system was frozen up again !
    I intended several times (had to set power down each time to restart the system) but everytime I tried to run for the first time an application under administrative rights, everything was blocked ...

Having 7.5RC2 installed, I also noticed 2 bugs (?) :
    - start-up entry "Outpost Feedback" (not started) didn't exist anymore after the "fresh" installation.
    - remaining days of license : correct in settings but in main window minus 1 day.

After uninstalling OSS again in safe mode with "clean.exe", I reverted to version 7.1.

Well, this is it for the time being : no 7.5 for me at the moment !
    I never had such a bad issue, even not when Outpost upgraded from version 6 to 7 ! Everytime, I saved and imported my previous configuration and enabled "Auto-learn mode" for a short period and it worked perfectly and smoothly in background.
    Maybe some of you, the experts, will have interesting suggestions.

Thanks for your time !

It seems OSS doesn't export the "Columns..." settings in the Network Activity window. It's a bit annoying to re-configure every time.

RC2 is the first version of OSS that I've been happy to run "out of the box" without having to adjust the settings. Also, no BSOD that I encountered for the first time in years with the 7.5 beta or the slow downs. Thumbs up on Windows XP.

I like this. A lot. Performance is good. I'm sure some would argue it could be better, but considering evertyhing OSS is policing it's not bad at all. Oh, and it's great to see the "web page malware" checkbox finally set to the proper setting.

I can't remember if it was this thread or the RC1 thread, but someone was asking about why there are still permission dialogs popping up when the auto-training settings are turned on. When configuring this setting through the installer (and curiously, this verbage is missing from the in-program settings) it is stated that if Outpost deems the process to be of moderate danger or higher a permissions dialog will still be displayed regardless of auto-training settings.

To the poor soul who is seeing that his subscription time period is not matching up within the program, I'm sorry that I am of no use in diagnosing that. My subscription data is Lifetime/Never Expires so hopefully someone else will jump in.

I haven't noticed any slow-downs yet, but my past experience has shown it can be a couple weeks before slow-down issues present themselves so it's wait and see at this point.

It's really great seeing everything that has been brought to the table on the journey from v7.0 to v7.5. I can't wait to see what the journey to v8.0 brings us.

I've noticed slow-downs in auto-learn mode. OSS can halt the application launch, or even the system for 10-30 seconds, before proceeding and learning the rule. After this initial hiccup, the application runs normally every time. It can be frustrating at first though, with many applications to learn. This wasn't an issue in previous versions.

Thumbs up Re: Outpost 7.5 Release Candidate 2 is Available

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    To the poor soul who is seeing that his subscription time period is not matching up within the program
    Thanks for the "poor soul", Innuendo .....
    Well, this really was the less annoying point that came up during my "trial" of 7.5 RC2.
    I just hope that I won't have to endure this again whith the final release.
    Fingers crossed !

Quote Originally Posted by Voldicon View Post
    I've noticed slow-downs in auto-learn mode. OSS can halt the application launch, or even the system for 10-30 seconds, before proceeding and learning the rule. After this initial hiccup, the application runs normally every time. It can be frustrating at first though, with many applications to learn. This wasn't an issue in previous versions.
    Thanks a lot for this feedback, Voldicon. Maybe I wasn't patient enough, this time ...
    But there's still something I don't understand : when I import my previous configuration AND leave OSS running in "Auto-learn mode" for a while, there shouldn't be much to learn otherwise what's the point of saving a previous configuration ..... (?)

Or is here something I'm not understanding right ?

Quote Originally Posted by audiopearl View Post
    But there's still something I don't understand : when I import my previous configuration AND leave OSS running in "Auto-learn mode" for a while, there shouldn't be much to learn otherwise what's the point of saving a previous configuration ..... (?) Or is here something I'm not understanding right ?
    You are right, when importing a configuration, in theory (haven't tried it) there shouldn't be any such problems since everything is already there. I've made a clean installation with a new configuration.

Thread Information