Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outpost settings self reset ?

Re: Outpost settings self reset ?

Thank you for your support and help.
    I decided not to buy Pro version and uninstall the software altogether. Tried Bit Defender (Horrible but the you can get REAL tech support from official techs on forum, thing that Outpost need to embrace ASAP) and the went to Comodo that resembles Outpost in some way.
    Yep, Outpost in innovative in many ways and designed for more sophisticated user (Bit Defender goes the other way around and so are many others that boast about their Silent mode of operation).
    May be i will try the Free version in the future.

Manny: Do you use Free or Pro version?

I have a lifetime license for the pro suite version.

This is a user to user forum that Agnitum follows but doesn't normally participate. It's unlikely that will change. They support users through their knowledge base, email and via their live chat where it is possible to get immediate assistance directly from them. Although your experience regarding your settings is unusual at least you gave it a good try.

I usually recommend that people use the software they are comfortable with because knowing how to properly configure a security product likely more important than what exact features it has. If you find one that you like then stick with it.

The best of luck with your firewall.
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

As Manny said, this is not an official forum per se, it is not your first point of contact with Agnitum regarding bugs and issues. It is a user-driven forum where users help other users.

The way Outpost is implemented (kernel-mode drivers provide most of the functionality) makes it hard for us to provide solutions to obscure problems because nobody outside Agnitum and their partners have access to the source code. We of course try to help as much as we can, but sometimes Agnitum are the only ones who can help and then the goal has to be getting the word to them about a problem, because that is a crucial step towards improving the quality of Outpost.

Outpost support finally contacted my, but apparently i didn't clarify myself good enough and had to explain again what i meant plus add print screen. Not sure how i will help them since i uninstalled the program, but i did send log files and print screen i posted earlier.

Big thanks to Manny and JMJSC for support.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Carvalho View Post
    I have a lifetime license for the pro suite version.
    That is the bit i am interested in, i have 3 user lifetime license for OFP,but i could not see any lifetime license for OSS,where can i get Lifetme license for OSS ?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenaloyal View Post
    That is the bit i am interested in, i have 3 user lifetime license for OFP,but i could not see any lifetime license for OSS,where can i get Lifetme license for OSS ?
    Agnitum is not offering that license any more, you are unfortunately too late.

I'm not sure but this looks like it might work: http://www.agnitum.com/lp/lifetime_f...008expired.php or maybe this: http://www.agnitum.com/lp/outpost-promo.php but please don't blame if you get to a point and it says expired.
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Carvalho View Post
    I'm not sure but this looks like it might work: http://www.agnitum.com/lp/lifetime_f...008expired.php or maybe this: http://www.agnitum.com/lp/outpost-promo.php but please don't blame if you get to a point and it says expired.
    I don't understand. How buying the product will solve that issue?
    I moved to Comodo. Its alrigh, remebers its settings and offers some other tweaks. No self protection but i can live with that and its Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishkafofer View Post
    I don't understand. How buying the product will solve that issue?
    I moved to Comodo. Its alrigh, remebers its settings and offers some other tweaks. No self protection but i can live with that and its Free.
    I wasn't suggesting that it would but rather responding to the question in post 20. I apologize for going a little off topic.
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho

off-topic:
    manny, those links are for: 1st - OPFW not OSS & 2nd - leads to page for lifetime for OPFW & 2 year for OSS. looks like no current links to OSS lifetimes. #20 poster may try contacting outpost sales<-linky, they might be able to sweet-talk them into a deal.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 36.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 36.0a1 x64, IE11, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4652.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

Hi there..
    I'm having exactly the same poblem..
    I'm using XP, dual core cpu..
    Outpost 7.5.2 does not remember the rules I've already set so it's constantly asking me to set them again... Also, it does not register the password no matter how many times I've provided it...
    Any clues??
    Thanks!!

Thread Information