Thread: Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A) + Firewall Problem

Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A) + Firewall Problem

So I'm rather quite confused on how to set up OPFW with this one game I've been getting into recently. I've done a few things to try figuring out the problem, but still have no clue what I need to do.

First, AVA is a FPS game, and comes with a few other apps to run in the background while playing the game. Those are reactor.exe, ijjioptimizer.exe, gameguard.des, gamemon.des, and ava_patcher.exe. I've ensured that I've allowed all Network activities for these apps, and also added a firewall rule for each allowing TCP connections. In addition, I've checked whether Anti-Leak and System Guard had anything blocking these apps, and they didn't. If anything, I would be prompted for what to do by these components of OPFW.

Next, I've checked the process activity monitor in OPFW, and these really are all the apps that start when I start AVA to play it. Then, I checked OPFW's Firewall logs multiple times, and there were no blocked apps. I checked all the other logs too, with nothing shown to be blocked. So it doesn't seem like OP is blocking anything.

When I start the game, it first opens the Reactor client, which allows me to choose from all of ijji's games. I log in there, and then can start any game. I haven't tried other games besides AVA because they're rather large. Anyways when choose to play AVA, it opens its patcher embedded inside of the Reactor app to check for updates. It shows that it gets to the "Initializing..." message, and in order for me to continue it, I have to break Reactor's latest connection to continue the process. Then it opens up AVA. I can join different servers and see different games playing inside of AVA and join those rooms, but when I want to go in-game, it just stays at "Connecting..." and doesn't enter the game. This message displays for any match you want to enter in AVA, but it normally barely displays before it goes to the actual loading screen.

In order to join a game in AVA, I'd have to take OP off of Block Most to Allow Most, or just turn off the Firewall. It has nothing to do with any other component, but just the Firewall.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?
    Thanks

Re: Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A) + Firewall Problem

No one has any idea? :/ Perhaps someone knows if one of the System-Wide rules would apply without it being logged? I can video record my screen if you want to see what I'm seeing when I run AVA... But I'd really rather keep my firewall on at all times.

Have you tried to temporarily enable Auto-learn?

I did that a few days after you posted that, and it worked. I never realized that feature was so powerful... Thanks!

Thread Information