Thread: Dorifel virus

Dorifel virus

Hi,

In The Netherlands, many computers are infected with the new 'Dorifel' virus. Does Outpost detect this virus? I found a list on the Internet that does not mention Outpost:

https://www.virustotal.com/file/4db3...b32b/analysis/

Bye Jan.

Re: Dorifel virus

Outpost is using the VirusBuster AV engine and signatures. According the VirusTotal sigs of two days ago did not detect that Dorifel trojan/virus variant (there are many versions) yet. VT is not always up-to-date, so new VB sigs may detect this specific Dorifel version at this moment. Dorifel and offspring (various banking trojans) from related botnet clients are also still being mutated by their command and control servers.
    Last edited by defconnect; 08-12-2012 at 07:46.

Ah, I did n't know that Outpost was using the VirusBuster engine. I have checked my system with another anti-virus product (HitmanPro) just to be sure and everything was clean.

There was a disturbing message on the VirusBuster site b.t.w. They announce that the product will be discontinued on October 2012. Wonder what that will mean for the Outpost anti-virus...

Here a recent thread with more about VB and Outpost: http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum...-Buster-Demise

BTW, next to AV detection from Outpost the Proactive Protection module (especially Anti Leak and System Guard) provides additional protection by catching and preventing various unwanted actions, even in case the actual virus was not detected in the first place. Even though this is a big help, it is no total guarantee.
    Last edited by defconnect; 08-12-2012 at 08:11.

Thread Information