Thread: Bad review at PCMag

Exclamation Bad review at PCMag

CPU:Intel I5 2500K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1|GPU:Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II 860MHZ|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD: Corsair 120GB Force GT|WD 750GB Black, 2X WD 2TB Green 1X WD 3TB Green|Optical Drive: LG CH10LS20|Monitor: BenQ G2222HDL|OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit|Sound Card:Asus Xonar D2X|Speakers:Logitech Z5500/G35|Logi G510/Logi G9X|Sony MDR-EX510LPB|Case:Corsair 500R|

Re: Bad review at PCMag

I remember that when I read that last year thinking that the author needed more skill with his PC. Antispam aside, functionality that I don't use, his biggest complaint was of confusing popups and bad leak test behavior. Well, my thought was that if he doesn't understand the popups then he should have left it on auto-learn and allow OSS to make the decisions for him and he would never have seen the popups. We all know that this product is exceptionally highly rated in third party leak testing. There's no doubt that in the Wizard mode that the firewall and the behavior-based detection demands more from the user. It's like driving one of the those Indy 500 cars down the track. It can be done easily but if you want to be in front of the pack it takes some skill.

I agree with you that the review is a bit disappointing as is the Editor Choice picks. None of those products will ever grace any machine I own.
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

Thread Information