Thread: Need HELP! Unable to re-install/download OPFW Pro after uninstalling v 7.5.1

Need HELP! Unable to re-install/download OPFW Pro after uninstalling v 7.5.1

I have tried twice now to click on the download button on Agnitum's product page to download the OPFW Pro 7.5.2. Although a box appears in the lower right of my screen saying the download was complete...nothing at all shows up on my desktop!

I am without ANY firewall protection right now, so any help ASAP would be most appreciated! I just spent $123 at a repair shop fixing this computer after getting infected with a Sirefef trojan...so PLEASE...if you can provide some definitive help..I really need it!!!

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 400 GB HDD | 8 GB RAM | Outpost Security Suite Pro (lifetime license) | MBAM Premium 2.0 (lifetime license) | SAS (on-demand) | Spywareblaster | Blocklist Pro | IE11 and FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | MBAE (free)

Re: Need HELP! Unable to re-install/download OPFW Pro after uninstalling v 7.5.1

This link: http://dl2.agnitum.com/OutpostProInstall.exe should download the latest. Your browser downloader should tell you where it's saving the file. It might not be set for your desktop. If you still need help please post a screenshot of the downloader once you click the link.

It should look something like this:

download.png
    Regards,
    Manny Carvalho
    MS-MVP Windows since 2002

Re: Need HELP! Unable to re-install/download OPFW Pro after uninstalling v 7.5.1

Sorry to hear about what happened to you... this may explain some things that has happened to you in past postings.

When you downloading Important Files, like this, Burn them on a CD or DVD rom so yau can have immediate and offline access.

About Sirefef:
    http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012...-win32sirefef/

"The distribution of Win32/Sirefef.DT consists of various malicious strategies, exploited by hackers. The most common platform, used to deliver the infection to the targeted computers, is hacked websites. When the visitor clicks through the website the Trojan is triggered, and it enters the PC system without the userís knowledge. What makes it possible for Win32/Sirefef.DT to penetrate the system is vulnerabilities, in other words Ė security loop-holes."
    Last edited by 1GA_OP; 04-05-2012 at 05:56.

I appreciate your respective (and rapid) replies to my post, Manny & 1GA_OP!

I was finally able to get the OPFW v7.5.2 downloaded and installed. For some odd reason, when the program asked to reboot to complete the installation...once the desktop screen was displayed...it's as if the computer just froze. Nothing I clicked on would work. Another oddity was if I had the mouse over on the left third of the screen, I would just see the mouse cursor by itself, but if I moved the cursor over anywhere on the right two-thirds of the screen, the little hourglass was displayed (along with the mouse pointer).

After waiting around for about 25 minutes, the computer seemed to return to some semblance of normality.
    At the moment, I have no idea just how I managed to pick up the Sirefef trojan. I wasn't even aware of it's presence until it just happened to show up on an SAS scan. But, although SAS supposedly deleted it out, I had no Internet access at all. (Neither Firefox or IE8 would work).

Thanks very much again Manny & 1GA_OP for your quick replies!

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 400 GB HDD | 8 GB RAM | Outpost Security Suite Pro (lifetime license) | MBAM Premium 2.0 (lifetime license) | SAS (on-demand) | Spywareblaster | Blocklist Pro | IE11 and FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | MBAE (free)

Thread Information