Thread: Can anyone explain this rapidly occurring activity in the Packet ALog?

Can anyone explain this rapidly occurring activity in the Packet ALog?

Good morning everyone,

In looking at the Packet Log, I've noticed the listing is VERY rapidly moving from top to bottom. It is almost a continuous movement every second, and I've never seen this before.

Can anyone explain what is going on here? This is VERY disturbing! BTW, I have never seen the packet log behave this way before.

Thanks for your time and review.

OPFW - Packet Log - APRIL 11 2012.JPG

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 400 GB HDD | 8 GB RAM | Outpost Security Suite Pro (lifetime license) | MBAM Premium 2.0 (lifetime license) | SAS (on-demand) | Spywareblaster | Blocklist Pro | IE11 and FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | MBAE (free)

Re: Can anyone explain this rapidly occurring activity in the Packet ALog?

Source 00-14-F1 mac address belongs to Cisco - have you altered settings on your router, if it's Cisco - not sure why it should be machine gunning like that

Thanks for the reply! I don't have a router, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled OPFW 3 times now, and the interface seems to be back to normal. Hopefully the problem is now solved!

Thanks again!

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 400 GB HDD | 8 GB RAM | Outpost Security Suite Pro (lifetime license) | MBAM Premium 2.0 (lifetime license) | SAS (on-demand) | Spywareblaster | Blocklist Pro | IE11 and FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | MBAE (free)

Spc3rd,

Nice observation. You've sparked my interest to look into this phenomenon at little further. In your opinion, what is the definition of "back to normal" on your machine? Do you notice any variations when using the internet, or is the time between packets constant like a heartbeat?

Hi Romil,

The screenshot below is what my OPFW Packet Log has previously looked like...not like that other screenshot I included in the other post. In the other padket post, everything was just all wrong and the "flood", so to speak was like every second non-stop. I'd never seen that before. Beats me what happened.

OPFW - Normal Packet Log.JPG

Thread Information