Thread: Microsoft Security Updates provided by hayc59...

Microsoft Security Updates provided by hayc59...

You mention these critical security updates were released on 4/10...yet when I go to the Windows Update site 10 minutes ago to get these updates...all I get is the message that there are no critical updates available.

What gives? v

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 400 GB HDD | 8 GB RAM | Outpost Security Suite Pro (lifetime license) | MBAM Premium 2.0 (lifetime license) | SAS (on-demand) | Spywareblaster | Blocklist Pro | IE11 and FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | MBAE (free)

Re: Microsoft Security Updates provided by hayc59...

i got all 6 on my pc. how are you set up in windows to do updates? if auto, it may have installed already.

of the 6 updates, only the .net framework 4 one is marked as for xp in my update log, so if you do not have .net 4, you won't get any updates this month.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 36.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 36.0a1 x64, IE11, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4652.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

I'm set up for automatic updates at 1 a.m. each day. In the Add/Remove Programs section, I see something like a Net Client 4 and some other item like Net Framework 4. Is this what you are referring to?

Thanks.

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 400 GB HDD | 8 GB RAM | Outpost Security Suite Pro (lifetime license) | MBAM Premium 2.0 (lifetime license) | SAS (on-demand) | Spywareblaster | Blocklist Pro | IE11 and FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | MBAE (free)

Hi minoka,

I did as you suggested, and it appears there were some 10 Windows Updates downloaded...so it would seem I am up to date. (My concern came from a few occasions in the past when MS updates were released...usually on the 2nd Tuesday of a month...and I didn't seem to get them).

Thanks again for the info!

Reckon Microsoft must be "biased" against we folks on the East Coast, huh??

well, i'm on the west coast (of england ) and don't get the updates till about 23:00 (11pm). some suspect it's due to the theory that the earth is round and the sun goes around it. some other people believe in a heliocentric view and time zones however. i blame george bush and slow neutrinos myself.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS

Win7 x64 SP1, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 36.0a1 x64,
    Thunderbird 36.0a1 x64, IE11, Asus DSL-N55U router, Outpost Security Suite9.1 (4652.701.1951),
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

Thread Information