Thread: FLASH videos and icons are blocked with Outpost Firewall !!

FLASH videos and icons are blocked with Outpost Firewall !!

Hello !

Since 2 months, I can't have access to flash videos on Facebook (the video cannot be viewed, just the sounds starts), and a lot of little pictures (icons) are hidden (mainly on musical players with flash).
    I've tryied to install, reinstall, all is rightly updated, everything seems to be ok with flash installation, but it doesn't change, It's still working bad with outpost.
    I've tryied to disable some services from Outpost, even by interupting all protection, but the only way to get a complete working internet page with flash content is to close Outpost Firewall and restart Firefox, then all is ok,...but my computer is not protected !!
    It's very curious, because 2 months ago all was working perfectly well for a long time on my system. It just suddenly after a flash update that these problems suddently appeared. I lost a lot of time and no way, I don't know how to fix this...
    Please...help !!

Thanks in advance for your advices !!

Regards,

Fred

Re: FLASH videos and icons are blocked with Outpost Firewall !!

Fred,

You could View the Outpost Event Viewer and look under Blocked Content and see what is being Blocked. Also, see if your Web Control (in Enabled) in Explorer (Quick Tune) is set to Allow Flash on the URL Permissions you are viewing.

Hope this helps...

I've already had a look and it seems that something like several instances of svchost are blocked if I remember well. I cleaned the rules for this file, but there are automatic rules for this file so I cannot do anything, and as it is a file system, I don't know how much it must be protected to do a manual configuration. Another thing : I don't use explorer but Firefox, but in firefox, google chrome or explorer the problem is the same : no flash.

If you post your Flash Video URL (s), I'll see if I can get it to work on my system and let you know what happens. I personally don't do much Flash Video's.

What OS version are you using as well?

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit version.
    I don't do Flash videos by myself, I just want to watch videos on facebook noticely as everyone do, and have the ability to see little icons on websites (for examples, embedded flash players on webpages for me are hidden). But as a semi-blind man I can find them if I look at my mouse's cursor : the cursor changes, then I know where is the "play" button. Then if I click, the sound starts - but never for the video. What can be done ?

If you can Post a URL with these Videos, OTHER than a Facebook Page(I'm not a Member), I'll see if I can get it to work on my system which is WinXpSp3.

I have Outpost Pro Firewall 7.5.2 (3939.602.1809) and Flash is the brand new one installed today (I received a notification so I installed the new one - as administrator too). I also tryied to install without Outpost protection. The effect is the same !
    So, exactly as before : If I interrupt outpost protection AND I restart Mozilla Firefox, flash works (If it was already open and I won't do a restart, flash would still not work). If I put on outpost protection without restarting Firefox, flash still works fine. But if I restart Mozilla Firefox, then it doesn't work again.
    But I don't want to interrupt protection and have to restart firefox and rearm again protection each time I want to see some youtube video on facebook !!
    What can I do ?

whatever facebook page...

Also, whatever page with flash player embedded (play and stop icons don't appear) :

Few examples where cannot see the icons but if I'm searching blindly only looking at the mouse icon aspect, I can possibly start the music with a little luck clicking everywhere around... :

http://www.twothewest.com/music/
    http://www.optigan.com/info/optigan/...lio-1six-pack/

For my configuration, web control is put on lowest option : it means that ALL is allowed. But it doesn't work either...

GREAT SUGGESTIONS MINOKA !! You found what was wrong !!! I've looked at the rules several times, but never thought the problem may have been situated at the plug-in container ! On the firewall I found few strange rules at the plug-in container that were put by mistake...Now I've cleared them all, restarted Firefox, and miracle : flash contents finally appears, and on the flash uninstaller link now I can see the message with flash version and OS, which means that now IT WORKS !!
    Great job, minoka, many thanks :-) Hope you will also recover flash plugin on your system.

Fred

Thread Information