Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else getting outdated spyware database again ?

Anyone Else getting outdated spyware database again ?

No updates since 27th April here ....
    I run Security Suite on my other machine and that always updates fine.
    When it comes to Outpost Firewall though on my XP machine
    there always seems to be a lag with the updating of the definitions of the spyware database.
    *over and out*

Re: Anyone Else getting outdated spyware database again ?

Same here, but I can report that Agnitum is already working on the issue...

Good to hear that Agnitum is working on it, BUT THAT STILL DOES NOT MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER.

Clarifying Some Terms and Differences:
    Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro will be abbreviated as "OFP". We are using OFP and NOT using the Security Suite Pro product, which will be abbreviated as "OSS". The more specific term of "OFP Spyware/Malware DB Updates" will be shortened as just "Spyware DB Upd" or "OFP Spy DB Upd". While both OSS and OFP share some similarities, they are VERY DIFFERENT in both HOW and WHAT they display for their Respective Malware/Spyware/Virus signatures. Malware Updates for OSS have the Spyware DB updated along with their Virus signatures, which means their total number will ALWAYS BE MUCH GREATER. OSS can also have different Malware/Spyware dates, due to combined Spyware ad Virus updates.

ON all my systems, the OFP Spy DB Upd is showing the date of 4-28-2012, which is also when the Last Available OFP Spy DB Upd was seen.

Here are TWO (2) Major Reasons I am NOT Happy:

1) The latest OFP Version, termed as 7.5.2 was SUPPOSED to Correct ALL these Spyware/Malware DB Updating problems. When it was released in Feb. 2012 until 4-28-2012, it did so with no problem. Now, this SAME OLD TIRED ISSUE of Ongoing Problems with the Spyware/Malware DB Updating process is still present. This Issue has been PLAGUING Agnitum products for OVER FOUR YEARS.

Is it not time to FINALLY FIX THIS PROBLEM ??

2) The OFP interface has been its Golden (PISS?) Yellow for over 24 hours, with the Warning that "Malware is OUT OF DATE". That just makes ALL Agnitum Users worried. What will really tick them off is when the clock strikes Midnight tonight WITHOUT a OFP Spy DB Upd. Then the Interface will turn RED and start issuing Dire Warnings.

It should be noted that I have forced over 5 updates today, and all run smoothly, except that there is NO OFP Spy DB Upd available. Specifically, I mean that Agnitum's Servers respond, but have nothing to provide.
    21 Lifetime OFP Licenses, 6 OSS Licenses and Hardcore Agnitum Fanatic
    ALL Systems with Latest SPs and Updates. Browsers used are latest Opera, Firefox and IE.
    Win XP Pro 32 on 2 systems
    Vista Ultimate 32 on 4 systems; Vista Ultimate 64 on 2 systems
    Win 7 Ultimate 32 on 3 systems; 7 Ultimate 64 on 2 systems
    Win 8 Pro 32 on 2 systems

Over 34 years of professional IT experience
    MS Solutions Provider with own Lab
    Senior Network Security Developer and Designer
    Network Intrusions Tester

It appears to working today for an update of 05/04/12

Thanks for your report, 1GA_OP.

You are most Welcome... have a nice weekend.

You too!

It's still not updating for me (latest version of Outpost Firewall on Win 7 64bit Home).
    I get "Update script download error" and "Spyware database update failed" messages.

Hello jIl,

Could you try what is described in post #50 in this thread?

If it does not resolve the issue, then may I suggest you contact Agnitum directly via their online support form
    http://www.agnitum.com/support/contact.php

Mine is a 32 bit system, not 64. Sorry.

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Else getting outdated spyware database again ?

Quote Originally Posted by minoka View Post
    Hello jIl,

Could you try what is described in post #50 in this thread?

If it does not resolve the issue, then may I suggest you contact Agnitum directly via their online support form
    http://www.agnitum.com/support/contact.php

Mine is a 32 bit system, not 64. Sorry.
    Thank you very much.
    That fixed the problem.

Thank you for reporting back!
    Have a great weekend.

Iv started recieving the yellow outdated UI today as well, database last updated on the 19/6/2012 - manual update goes through as usual but the spyware is still outdated and suggestion to clear the ( update _oss20 ) file did nothing

Here We Go wih Outpost Firewall Pro Spyware DB, AGAIN!!

Some Abbreviations Used:
    1) OFP = Outpost Firewall Pro
    2) OSS = Outpost Security Suite
    3) SpyDB = Spyware/Malware Database (DB) Signature Download File.

NOTES:
    1) SpyDB will strictly mean the Spyware/Malware Signatures DB Update file that is for the OFP Product ONLY, with the ONE EXCEPTION in 1st paragraph below.
    2) ALL Times and Dates are for the U.S. Eastern Time Zone, which is current on EDT = Eastern Daylight Time. The only exceptions are the SpyDB files themselves, as they get their timestamp from the creating computer, wherever it may be and whatever Time Zone it is in.

PLEASE LIMIT RESPONSES to the SpyDB for OFP ONLY!! While the OSS product is SIMILAR, its SpyDB and Malware Signatures ARE DIFFERENT, because they also include the Anti-Virus Signatures.

Agnitum promised its users that it would fix ALL of the issues with the SpyDB in Version 7.5.2. We are now on the 7.5.3 Series, and ONCE AGAIN, this beast has reared its ugly head. I thought all of this was put to rest in May 2012, but it appears Agnitum can only go about 6 weeks before screwing up.

I AM SPECIFICALLY REFERRING to the CURRENT and RECENT LACK of Timely SpyDB updates. Yes, the actual updating mechanism appears to be much improved. That does NOT help when SpyDB Updates are not available.

Over the last week, there has only been ONE SpyDB Update, and that was delayed. The current SpyDB displays the date of 6-19-2012. It is now 6-24-2012, and the OFP GUI is NOW Display its characteristic Golden Yellow color with the Warning "Malware DB is Out-of-Date".

WHY DOES AGNITUM CONTINUALLY LET THIS HAPPEN??

The SpyDB update dated 6-19-2012 was not even available until some time late on Thursday 6-21-2012, even though the downloaded "spy6_inc.sdb" file has the timestamp of "6-19-2012 5:47 P.M."

As of this post, there has been NO other SpyDB available. Because we are now going past 5 days with NO SpyDB, the GUI displays its Golden Yellow Warning. ONE MORE DAY and it turns RED!!

Anyone know anything about when we can expect a new SpyDB?? Can anyone, PERHAPS a Mod, contact some Agnitum personnel and get an answer??
    21 Lifetime OFP Licenses, 6 OSS Licenses and Hardcore Agnitum Fanatic
    ALL Systems with Latest SPs and Updates. Browsers used are latest Opera, Firefox and IE.
    Win XP Pro 32 on 2 systems
    Vista Ultimate 32 on 4 systems; Vista Ultimate 64 on 2 systems
    Win 7 Ultimate 32 on 3 systems; 7 Ultimate 64 on 2 systems
    Win 8 Pro 32 on 2 systems

Over 34 years of professional IT experience
    MS Solutions Provider with own Lab
    Senior Network Security Developer and Designer
    Network Intrusions Tester

Earlier today, after I saw craigb's post, I immediately contacted Agnitum.... The person I was in touch with is looking into this issue.

Thanks for the reports.

A thread has been merged with this one since the first report about the same issue was posted here first.

Quote Originally Posted by minoka View Post
    Earlier today, after I saw craigb's post, I immediately contacted Agnitum.... The person I was in touch with is looking into this issue.

Thanks for the reports.

A thread has been merged with this one since the first report about the same issue was posted here first.
    Thankyou for reporting that minoka, much appreciated I sent a support request of to Agnitum last night as well so hopefully they get on to it quickly.

How beneficial is the spyware componant anyway ?, if it only updates a couple of times a week would i be better removing this part and leaving that task to my AV and MBAM Pro ?

Thread Information