Thread: Latest News From The Agnitum Blog.......

Latest News From The Agnitum Blog.......

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Last month Agnitum's software technology was acquired by Yandex. Agnitumís R&D has provided security software solutions for over 15 years. These technologies will now be used to protect users of Yandex Browser.

As agreed by both parties, Agnitumís software developers, quality engineers and virus analysts were offered an opportunity to join Yandex team in St Petersburg.

Agnitum's experience will contribute greatly to the development of Protect active security technology that ensures online safety for Yandex Browser users. Protect encompasses several technologies: ID theft protection, Secure Wi-Fi feature, suspicious site blocking and virus scanner.

As a result of the acquisition, Agnitum terminates direct and partner sales of the Outpost product line. However, the company continues to meet its commitments to existing customers. Agnitum will provide antivirus base updates, bug fixing and technical support until December 31, 2016.

To ensure further security of your computer, we encourage you to make use of a special offer. We offer all active Outpost license holders to exchange their Outpost licenses for Kaspersky Internet Security licenses free of charge. The migration offer is time limited. Visit the dedicated page to learn more about the migration program and exchange your license for free until January 31, 2016.

http://agnitumblog.blogspot.com/
    Microsoftģ MVP Consumer Security
    „rÍ •ōu ÍxpÍriÍncÍD

Re: Latest News From The Agnitum Blog.......

please note that agnitum are now saying, in response to queries, that the migration offer ends 31 JAN 2016, and for those taking advantage of the trade, they must activate by 17 FEB 2016. also recieved a response from the head guy at agnitum:

Quote Originally Posted by mikhail
    Wayne, our support service is working as usual. Probably someone has confused it with Store page that says the sales has been stopped. We have dedicated support staff working at Agnitum (not Yandex) to address all incoming quires. Yes, I confirm my words that we are going to fix serious issues and updates AV database until the end of the 2016.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS.

Win10 x64 build 14388, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 51.0a1 x64, Windows 10
    build 14353.5, Thunderbird 45.1.1 x64, BT HomeHub 5 & Infinity Fibre, Outpost Firewall Pro 9.3 (4934.708.2079) & ESET Smart Security 9.0.314.14
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

following reply from support recv'd at noon:
    Dear Wayne Kroncke,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, the support team is still up and running.

Best regards,

Agnitum Support Team
    www.agnitum.com/support/
    You can rate Support Service Rate
    www.agnitum.com/support/supportrate.php

> *FORM:en
    > *Referer: -
    > *kronckew
    > *is support still functioning? the press release your auto-reply
    > links to says you will be supporting till the end of 2016.
    > *
    Last edited by KronckeW; 21 Jan 2016 at 03:37.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS.

Win10 x64 build 14388, i7 quad core 3770k, 16GB ram, Custom build PC wi. Asus P8Z77-I MB, nVidia GTX650, Firefox 51.0a1 x64, Windows 10
    build 14353.5, Thunderbird 45.1.1 x64, BT HomeHub 5 & Infinity Fibre, Outpost Firewall Pro 9.3 (4934.708.2079) & ESET Smart Security 9.0.314.14
    in-house IT Support Dept. consisting of two Greyhounds, both of which are now very fast angels, and one Saluki Lurcher

agnitum have managed to extend the trade in to 17FEB16 to coincide with the activation requirement, this was confirmed by their management.
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS.

from agnitum today:

Dear Reader,

As you remember, following the termination of Agnitum operations Outpost updates and technical support were stopped on January 9, 2017. To ensure continuous protection for your computer, Agnitum ran a free Outpost-to-Kaspersky migration campaign for active Outpost license holders from December 15, 2016, until January 31, 2017.

Mindful of numerous requests from Outpost users we are extending the free migration campaign period until February 28!

This is the last chance: exchange an active Outpost license for Kaspersky Internet Security at no cost. The offer ends on February 28, 2017.

On March 1, 2017, the Agnitum website and tech support form will be deactivated.

As before, the products taking part in the exchange program are Outpost Antivirus Pro, Outpost Firewall Pro, Outpost Security Suite Pro, Outpost Network Security.

PLEASE NOTE! The migration can be only performed once. In case you’ve already exchanged your Outpost license, please ignore this message.

Visit this migration page and get a full license to Kaspersky Internet Security for free!

Any questions? Let us know!

Thank you having been a user of the Outpost products!

With best wishes,
    Your Agnitum team
    Regards,

CAVE CANEM
    ET SEMPER PARATUS.

Thank you Wayne!!
    Microsoftģ MVP Consumer Security
    „rÍ •ōu ÍxpÍriÍncÍD

Thread Information