Thread: Life after death?

Life after death?

Now that Agnitum is officially gone, I know that the firewall still works but...

As I have several lifetime licenses for the Outpost Firewall pro, does anyone know if i can reinstall the program and get it to register without an active site at Agnitum?

Also, I have seen a few posts about 9.3 possibly causing some hangs in explorer.exe with Win XP. I have two machines which have been driving me nuts for quite a while, they both seem to get explorer messed up and this usually occurs on Tuesday and Thursdays. I can still open command prompts but the shut down menu does not appear, certain programs are hung and basically the only solution has been to do a hard reboot by holding the power button. Has anyone else experienced such a problem? If so, do you know if it occurred in prior versions like 9.1?

Finally and I know tis has been asked many times before, but has anyone found a good alternative / replacement? I am interested in the HIPS function as I would like ot control what IP's can get through to my pc.

Thanks,

Re: Life after death?

How about Windows Firewall and the Windows Firewall Shell from BinSoft ? That what I will use when OPF no longer works.
    OS: Windows 7 64 bit Outpost Firewall Pro ver. 9.3 (4934.708.2079)
    Firefox 51.0.1 Thunderbird 45.7.0
    SuperAntispyware, MS Security Essentials, AdWare Cleaner, JRT

Quote Originally Posted by chrisclu View Post
    How about Windows Firewall and the Windows Firewall Shell from BinSoft ? That what I will use when OPF no longer works.
    Thanks for the suggestion, the Binsoft product does not state that it is compatible with Win XP, also do you know if it has something similiar to the IP Blocklist function provided by OPF? I find it easiest to just block ip addresses who have pesistent attempts to log into services on my pc which they should have no access to. However, since I travel, the IP's I use to log in vary and therefore only allowing certain IP's does not work for me.

I have had freezing problems when ihave installed v9.3 on xp had to go back to 9.1

9.3 works fine on win7 though.

No real options out there for me as hips is out of fashion so still continuing with OPFW for the future

Tried again a couple of weekends ago and 9.3 activated fine with my licence.

Thsi frezing problem has been driving me nuts for quite a while now. I never thought it could be Outpost until a recent comment I saw.

Do you know if I can uninstall 9.3, reinstall 9.1 and then successfully mange to register the license (to get the program to work) now that agnitum has shut down? Are there any other files besides my configuration file (is it backward compatable?) and my blocklist which need to be saved first?

Thanks for any help.

Yes you can go back in version number but you will need to use the command line "clean.exe" in the OPFW directory.
    This is run in safe mode to get rid of 9.3

Is there anyway to use a saved .conf file from 9.3 with 9.1? I am getting errors where the file will not load.

Have you not used the export config from 9.1?

If not then i doubt it would work as that is the proper method

Actually I am going from 9.3 to 9.1 (to see if some intermittent explorer hangs disappear). I exported in 9.3 and was trying to import to 9.1.

Thread Information